Horrific customer service experience

Guest's review of Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk

“Horrific customer service experience”

Written on: 08/01/2013

First issue I had was on ordering from the site,I was paying by Paypal but found myself unwittingly filling out an unwanted credit form because the payment page is a little unclear. It wasn't until I was informed that in just one more step I would have a £1000 credit that I realised I wasn't going to be able to pay this way so had to flip the pages back to the start. Right at the bottom of the home payment page and in much smaller writing was the button to click for Paypal and credit/debit card. I felt a bit annoyed because it seemed a deliberate ploy on their part to lure people into their credit scheme.
Second isuue, I placed an order on 29th Dec and was advised that the item would be delivered by 7th Jan at the latest. I emailed on the evening of the 7th explaining that on tracking the item it still had not been dispatched. I got an email back stating that my order date had changed and would now be 8th March, 2 months away!!! Phoned and got hung up on after 20 mins wait and being charged 5p a min so I abandoned any notion of calling again and contacted them through my account page online asking them to call me. They didn't phone as requested but sent me an email saying someone would email me regarding the issue within 24hrs. When they contacted me I requested that the item was cancelled and I receive a refund as I wasn't prepared to wait 2 months for my item and I was also annoyed because I wasn't informed that my order wasn't going to arrive on time. Their reply was that they had tried to cancel the order but weren't able to do so as their supplier was processing it and suggested that I wait for it to arrive then return it to them and I should get a refund about 14 days after that. I was shocked to say the least as this seemed to suggest that it could be at least 10 weeks before I got my money back. Luckily, I paid with Paypal and if I don't get any joy over the next few days I will open a dispute through them.
I went back onto Woolworth's site and found that I could still put the same item in my basket with an expected delivery date of 11th Jan. This is extremely shoddy marketing, advertising items as being available for delivery when they clearly are not. I will not shop there again! Terrible service!

Woolworths_Representative's Comment

Written on: 14/01/2013

Hi there,

We're really sorry to hear this.

Please email us at Help@Woolworths.co.uk putting 'order' in the subject field and we'll check this for you.

Many Thanks

Lizzie
Woolworths Help Team.

Starchildren's Comment

Written on: 14/01/2013

Hi,
I have received a refund now after complaining again through enquiries at Woolworths but I did initially speak to Help@Woolworths when I was first having problems before I wrote the review and didn't find it very helpful to me.
I see the website is no longer showing the item as available and the issue is now resolved but I will not shop with Woolworths again.