Don't bother your stuff won't turn up!

acemayo's review of Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk

“Don't bother your stuff won't turn up!”

Written on: 21/09/2012 by acemayo (2 reviews written)

Was contacted with 3 days notice and given a friday afternoon delivery window.
As per many other's experiences the courier never showed despite the parcel being loaded on the van at 09:30 the day before. Having battled through both Woolworths and the couriers so called customer services systems, which are clearly designed to put you off, I got the unlikely explaination that the driver had had an issue with his vehicle and returned to the depot (timed at 15:52!). POETS day!
Customer Services gave me the contact number for the depot (only 2 men apparently) advising me they were open until 21:00. Guess what; recorded message stated "the depot is now closed".
Interestingly when I contacted Woolworths which is one of the companys trading under the Home Delivery Network umbrella, just think of any of the traditional catalogue companies and you'll know who to avoid, they weren't interested in why I was cancelling my order and merely offered to pass my complaint to the courier (Yodel).
Enough said!

• undercounter freezer

• Still waiting

Woolworths_Representative's Response to acemayo's Review

Written on: 22/09/2012

Hi Acemayo,

We are very sorry to hear that your delivery did not take place as arranged.
Our large item (or 2 man) couriers do call in advance of the delivery to confirm a delivery date and timeslot and we do apologise that they were unable to complete the delivery in this instance. Unfortunately various factors, such as traffic problems, can affect these agreed delivery slots - however these should be communicated to you as soon as they are known.

We can look into why this happened and any other queries that you may have if you would like to email us at Help@woolworths.co.uk.

Many Thanks