Worst online retail experience I've had.

StePalmer's review of WAE+ - www.waeplus.co.uk

“Worst online retail experience I've had.”

Written on: 17/06/2013 by StePalmer (1 review written)

On the 31st of May, I placed an order for a hard drive (Order #170-961-2769) and I was given a delivery date of 11th-13th of June. Whilst this was longer than most other online retailers, I was happy as the delivery was free and I had been given a delivery date. From the 11th of this month, I looked on your site and checked my emails awaiting notification that the order had been dispatched, but my order's status was still "Awaiting Fulfilment", almost two weeks after the order had been placed, even though payment for this order had been taken on the day I placed my order.

I checked my email and logged onto your website again today to see if this had been updated, and was disappointed to find no update. At around 1pm, after the last Royal Mail delivery to the office I work in, I decided to call your support team to see if I could get any further information.

I was left waiting on hold for over 20 minutes with no message warning of long wait times. When my call was finally answered, I was given no reason or apology for the length of time taken to answer my call. I queried the status of my order and after the support agent queried this with the consignment team, I was told that you were having to source this item from an external warehouse out of the country and that my order would take another 7 to 9 days to arrive. As I had not received any communication about this via email or through your website and had already waited almost 2 weeks for this item, I enquired about cancelling the order and receiving a refund for the payment that had been taken, at which point I was told this would take 15 working days. As I work as a technical support advisor for an e-commerce provider, I know that it takes no more than 5 working days for a card payment to be refunded to a card and so considered this completely unacceptable and asked to speak to a manager. At this point I was told that there were no managers in the call centre, which is an utterly ludicrous notion and was advised to email this address with any complaints.

Frankly this experience is the worst experience I have had through a retail website. From my experience, the excuse that was given for the delay in dispatching the item is simply a cover for the fact that this item was not in stock at the time of purchase, which I should have been notified of at the time, or at some point during the 13 days I was waiting for my order. The fact that I have been given no such notification and instead had to call your support team, waiting over 20 minutes for my call to even be answered, to find out that my order would take another 7-9 days is completely unacceptable. Sent all this info to them via email on Thursday evening and have still had no reply.

• Goods purchased & cost