Very.co.uk refused to refund delivery charge of faulty item

Guest's review of Very www.very.co.uk

“Very.co.uk refused to refund delivery charge of faulty...”

Written on: 25/11/2013

I ordered a South Coat. I inspected the item immediately upon receipt. The stitching at one sleeve came off. So I log into my account to do a return. There was a message that asked me to call the 0844 number. I explained the problem to the lady who answered the call. I asked for a replacement to be sent to me. She said she cannot send me a replacement. The only way to do it is to do a return procedure for the faulty item and I have to order it again. I asked whether I will be charge for the delivery of the replacement order and She said returning is free, if I want to order it again, I will have to pay for the delivery charge again. This means I have to pay the delivery charge twice for one order. I told her it is unfair for customers to pay for the delivery charge when the item is faulty. She said 'well, it is our company policy that you pay for delivery charge when you order...we won't refund the delivery charge even the item is faulty.'

They are obviously not following the Sales of Goods Act 1979. The customers are entitled to receive a full refund when the goods is faulty, that includes the delivery charge.

I doubt arguing with her will get the $3.95 delivery charge back. I will also pay more for the call. So I ended the call, stitched it back myself, swear never to buy from them again and sit down to write a review to warn others.

• Goods purchased & cost