shoddy goods

Guest's review of Very www.very.co.uk

“shoddy goods”

Written on: 05/09/2013

Ordered retro free-standing fridge as this was the cheapest from Very, according to comparison sites. Had never used this company before and will never again. Fridge was dented on both sides. Very could only offer a 10% discount - readily, though, as if this was a regular fault. I had paid in cash and just wanted a perfect fridge, cost £399, but they said I had plugged it in. My old fridge had been taken away by a charity shop, so I had to transfer all my food to the new fridge. I had no choice but to accept the 'discount'. Bought a toaster with the money refunded (£39) - good from bad, I thought, but, no, the whole corner of the toaster was broken - plastic smashed to bits and still in the box! Sent back via collect +. Now watching earnestly for refund, but prepared to cut my losses after reading these reviews. Wish I had read them first, as I wouldn't be writing one now! Be warned, consumers. Shoddy goods!

• Goods purchased & cost