They don't seem to know what they are doing!

Guest's review of Very www.very.co.uk

“They don't seem to know what they are doing!”

Written on: 27/08/2013

So I signed up with Very after them being the only stockist of a particular pair of shoes that my girlfriend wanted for her birthday. I placed the order and selected for the item to be delivered to my work address. Upon receiving confirmation a few minutes later they stated that they would be delivering the item to my home address!

This was obviously incorrect so I phoned them immediately to amend the order. I spoke to a south-african sounding call centre rep on a very bad crackly and quiet line, and explained the problem. He then stated that he could amend the address but this would take up to 10 days to take effect. He then suggested we cancel the order and place it again with my alternate address which I agreed to. I was then informed that the order had already been sent to the warehouse (within around 3 minutes of ordering) and I could no longer amend the order and now the only option remaining was to amend the order which as previously stated takes up to 10 days.

The item was then apparently "delivered" to my home address the next day, however the courier obviously left this on the front path lying in full view of the passing public and it went missing.

The item is now out of stock and have been discontinued. As a result not only am I now left out of pocket while I'm battling with them to get my money back, but also I don't have the main present my girlfriend has been looking forward to.. An absolutely terrible experience and I will not be using them again. How a company can operate like this is beyond me

• Shoes - £60