Shady!

Guest's review of Very www.very.co.uk

“Shady!”

Written on: 26/06/2013

After having been sucked in with a discount code I ordered £60 worth of goods.. To use the discount you had to sign up for a credit account, I reluctantly did so, in the knowledge I would be using the 'take three' option of paying three payments, meaning no interest would be paid - after having paid for the goods I would then close the account.
HOWEVER, I was slapped with 2 x £12 late payment fees. Why? Because they automatically sign you up for online only statements. Which apparently means that it was solely my responsibility to log on here and there to check when my payments were due AS THEY FAILED TO SEND ME ANY EMAIL, OR SMS to indicate my payments were due, or statements were ready to check.

The lady in the finances/charges department just said, "you viewed the items online, you ordered online, you opted for online statements (I DID NOT, THEY AUTOMATICALLY DID THAT), so you should've paid online.
I shop at Next and have no problems(!? Bully for her!).
No one else has any problems" nice customer service there Very!

She was incredibly rude from the beginning, she refused to pass me on to someone else to speak to that wasn't rude, nor would speak over me. She also could not tell me the dates when any emails or text messages were sent, but still stood by her belief that it was my fault for not randomly checking to see when the payments were due!?
I have never shopped with any company that didn't send out some indication that payment was due, and the only time I heard from Very was via SMS when they told me they'd not recieved my payments. Of course, those SMS would arrive 4 days after the payment due date, meaning they get to slap a £12 late payment fee on your bill!

So I paid the remainder in full, and fully intend to close the account at the first available opportunity once their systems have my payment. I will not be using them again.

It's not at all shady that they automatically sign you up for online statements.. Then don't give you any indication when to check/ pay your bill, then finally contact you when payment is overdue, too late to pay and when they can charge you more. So my charges were more then the discount code by some margin..

Lesson learned, don't touch Very with a barge pole, nor any other catalogue company they operate unless you want to be ripped off!

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit very.co.uk

Veryrepresentative's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2013

Hi,

We're sorry to hear you were unaware statements are displayed online.

When you open an account online, it does advise in the terms and conditions that were agreed to enable the authorisation to open the account, that you will not receive paper statements unless requested, and you will automatically be opted into online statements, able to view by logging into your account.

Please accept our apologies for the service received and if you would like us to look into this, please email us.

Many thanks,

Fiona
Very Network Team x

Hippychick100's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2013

Very well put I have had exactly the same experience the £12 is astronomical they are robbers wont use them again

very.co.uk