Customer services are clueless?

Guest's review of Very www.very.co.uk

“Customer services are clueless?”

Written on: 31/05/2013

The Help on the website features a section for delivery with 3 delivery options- click and collect, £3.95 standard next day, £4.95 specified day..
I paid £3.95 (from what I saw there was no option for free 3-5 day delivery when I was paying for my item!) and obviously since I was told by the websites FAQ I paid for next day delivery, I obviously expected my delivery for the next day- especially since I ordered my item at 9am!
Nothing on my 'track my order' said that my delivery was even close to being here the next day, in fact it's said the same thing for 24hours. Now, I call up this morning and decide to speak to an advisor because I am obviously confused as to why the website says your £3.95 charge is next day delivery, when I obviously haven't received my item. Instead of going through what the website says with me, the advisor was content in telling me I was wrong and that I had paid for standard 3-5 day delivery and not next day. He then told me that my item was due for delivery on the 17th June, the date today is 31st of May- not really 3-5 days is it? I then reminded him that the website had told me differently, so I was confused and if the website is wrong they must change it because it's very misleading. He however, totally dismissed the fact I was mentioning the website- it gave me the impression he hadn't even been on the website! He then said it was out of Very's hands, and for the manufacturer to deal with- and given the rest of these reviews, it seems that this is a fail-safe way for the company to get out of their misdoings.

Totally disappointing, considering this is a pricey engagement ring that I ordered!

• Goods purchased & cost

• Still waiting

Visit very.co.uk

Veryrepresentative's Comment

Written on: 31/05/2013

Hi, we are really sorry this has happened and that you feel this way, if you could email us the details, we will be happy to look into your issue.

Many thanks
Andy
Very network team

Ally.aj's Comment

Written on: 07/06/2013

That's not a very promising response for potential customers like myself who came on here to read reviews. So it really is 3-5 days delivery and you put next day delivery on your site. That's very wrong and something should be done about it.

Watty2486's Comment

Written on: 29/06/2013

I have a similar issue. i paid the £4.95 specified day time delivery. Booked 7-12 slot and on the tracking page shows latest delivery 7-12 29/06/13. Didnt reach there depot until 13.00 hrs obviously this didnt show until I had waited in all morning with no contact from very. The shows leaving manchester depot en route at 2pm. I emailed them find out why this was the case and that i expected a delivery time and compensated for my time.

Thank you for your email about your recent order for the Samsung NX1000 Digital Camera (34CHA1J).
I would like to apologise for the delay in the delivery of the item.

We are making every possible effort to deliver your order as soon as possible.

As a gesture of goodwill we have removed the delivery charge of £4.95 from your account.
If you have any further questions just let me know and I'll be happy to help you.

to which I replied Thank you for the £4.95 back . Personally I would rather not have wasted 5 hours waiting in with no communication from yourselves and still have had nothing to let me know when it will actually arrive. Will it be today?tomorrow?monday?
then the replyI can assure you that our suppliers are working to deliver your order as soon as possible.
However, if your order hasn't been delivered by 11 Jul 13 please get in touch and we'll be happy to look in to this for you.
I am very sorry for any disappointment this has caused.
then mineBrilliant
So you can narrow it down to sometime in the next 12 days. Should I wait in or will they leave a card if I chose to go to work?
Outstanding response do you have no communication with the company you pay to deliver your goods?they are being tracked according to your website any chance someone gives them a call and ask when it will be delivered or get them to track the van it is in ?

surprise I have had nothing since from them utter waste of time

very.co.uk