Very...... Frustrating!

Shaxyobariis's review of Very www.very.co.uk

“Very...... Frustrating!”

Written on: 21/04/2013 by Shaxyobariis (1 review written)

Like a lot of people that have posted on here about this company, I have to agree they do offer good deals, but at the expense of a half decent customer service.

My problems with Very began when I ordered a White Samsung Laptop on 26/01/2013, it took a lot longer than the scheduled delivery date, which was 06/01/2013. The laptop was finally delivered on 12/01/2013, but I found they a Silver version, as the one I order was not in stock, without consulting with me.

I didn't bother asking them to exchange the product, as I urgently needed a laptop to do my work on, and knowing Very I would have had to wait a long time before they decided to organise a pick up the Silver laptop - let alone replace it!

My latest quarrel with them is to do with a Office Chair and TV Stand I ordered last night - I picked up from their email confirmation that it was sent to the wrong postal address, one I hadn't used for a long while, so I emailed them to have this changed, but in their response I was told they would send a message to their warehouse team. The Rep told me it couldn't be guaranteed their message would be received by the warehouse team on time.

I followed up the email with a call. I wanted to change the colour of the seat I ordered and also to ensure the order wouldn't be sent to the wrong address. Very's Rep told me on the phone, they couldn't guarantee the delivery address change request would be actioned, so I told them I would like the order cancel, and that I would like to make a second order for the same product, but a different colour seat.

They said fine, and within no time the order was cancelled. Just before confirming the re-order, I asked Very's Rep, if a discount code I had on the previous order would be applied, they said no, because I was placing a second order. I didn't think this was right, so I pushed for this, and they told me the only people allowed to authorise a credit would be a Manager, but a Manager was not available at the time, so they would call me back.

After several hours of waiting, I decided to call them - and was put through to a Manager. He's exact words were "Based on your scenario, I cannot offer the 10% discount for you, but can give free delivery". I was absolutely shocked by this, and politely declined his offer. And followed it up with a email to the customer service team. To my surprise, they were equally unhelpful.

I'm shocked that a company of this size can allow its customer to be treated like this, had it not been for their credit accounts, I believe they wouldn't exist.

I don't believe their customer service team are willingly unhelpful, most of the Reps I spoke with were very friendly and sounded like they actually wanted to help - I think there are a lot of constraints placed on them from Management creating a 'computer says no' culture within the company.

Also, I would bear in mind their business model is based on only buying high-value goods when a user makes a purchase meaning they will use your money to buy stock from their supplier, which is a good move for Very's balance sheet but a total disaster for their customers when things go wrong.

If can be avoided, I would recommend shopping with Amazon, Tesco or Argos, which only sell stock they have (or tell you're pre-ordering), offer quality products at a fair price, and are willing to pick up the pieces when things go wrong.

• Laptop, Office Chair and TV Stand

• Up to a week late

Visit very.co.uk

Veryrepresentative's Response to Shaxyobariis's Review

Written on: 24/04/2013

Hi,

We are very sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced in regards to your orders.

If you could email us at Network@VeryHQ.co.uk, we will look into these issues for you.

Many thanks,

Fiona
Very Network Team x

Shaxyobariis's reply to Veryrepresentative's Comment

Written on: 24/04/2013

I emailed your support team in regards to the latest matter on several occasions prior to posting this comment, why is it only now that your company is interested in solving the matter?

very.co.uk