Appalling Customer Service

Guest's review of Very www.very.co.uk

“Appalling Customer Service”

Written on: 24/03/2013

I ordered a Samsonite suitcase from very and opted for the Collect + service to be delivered to my local shop.

A day after receiving an e-mail, I went to the shop to collect it, only to be told that the delivery driver had taken it back to the depot by accident. I was a bit annoyed but everyone makes mistakes. The shop keeper told me he was on to it and they would send it back and would be here the next day. I went back the next day and it still hadn't arrived with the other delivery's. Once again, the shop keeper told me to come back the next day. Between going back for a third time, I even received an e-mail from Collect + to say don't forget to collect your order so I thought it must have been delivered.

Today, I went back to the shop convinced it would be there waiting for me but it wasn't. The shop keeper advised me that he'd been on the phone to Collect + and it would be within today's delivery's.

I left the shop feeling extremely frustrated so got straight on the phone to Collect +. The woman at Collect + who I spoke to really didn't seem to care and advised me I'd have to phone Very to sort it out as it's been returned to them.

My blood is boiling by this point and phoned Very. The woman there advised me that they received the suitcase back yesterday, cancelled the order and credited my account. When I asked her why no one bothered to advise me of this, she just said "I don't know". She didn't offer to re order the suitcase or anything, she just didn't care.

I have now e-mailed Very with a complaint advising them of what I experienced and that I want the to close my account. They responded saying they were very sorry I wanted to close my account and they need to wait until my account is at zero. No mention of any apology for all the inconvenience I'd been caused or that they would take the matter up with Collect +.

Very don't care about their customers and I would advise anyone wanting to use them to think twice if they don't want to be completely messed around.

• Samsonite Suitcase £159

• Still waiting

Visit very.co.uk

Goigoi's Comment

Written on: 25/03/2013

exactly what happened to me before I went on holiday, ordered a lot of clothes for them to arrive at c+c day before I was going to take with me as had hardly anything nice and new or that fitted properly, the idiot delivery driver had taken it back again so I had nothing.Like you I was fuming.This company is the worst I have ever come across, it seems they employee brain dead (and im no brainy person myself but they make me look brainy).Words can not describe how useless they are, its actually quite unbelievable as to how stupid they really are.

very.co.uk