Worst shopping experience ever

Guest's review of Very www.very.co.uk

“Worst shopping experience ever”

Written on: 01/12/2012

Ordered items last october, was charged twice for delivery and called to get one removed. I was told by the advisor that I was calling a premium number and it would have been cheaper to pay for the 2 deliveries. I checked, it is not a premium number. Just tried to order again and was told my bank had not released funds and that I should contact them. I did so and they had released funds and gave me a ref. no. to prove it. Advisors were useless and I will never order from them again.
All I wanted was to order items and pay for them directly but it seems that Very like you to open a credit account. My bank will give them the money but their bank won't accept it. Fine by me - they've just lost my business.

• Goods purchased & cost

• Up to a week late

Visit very.co.uk

Veryrepresentative's Comment

Written on: 02/12/2012

Hi there,

We're really sorry to hear this.

Sometimes if there has been a problem with an order, or there is an order we cannot honour, for example, an item that has gone out of stock and there are no plans to restock it, then we won't accept the payment from the bank.

We are also sorry to hear that you were charged twice for delivery. We are unsure why this would have happened.

If there is anything that you would like us to look into then please email us at Network@VeryHQ.co.uk and we'd be happy to help.

Many Thanks

Lizzie
Very Network Team x

Willxena's Comment

Written on: 03/12/2012

Dear Lizzie

Thank you for your reply.

I was told differing things from different advisors. The first told me to call my bank because they had not authorised the payment. When I called back to say that they had the second advisor said they knew this but your bank would not accept my money because I had been refused a credit account (which I have never wanted anyway and have payed DD both times I have ordered).

Despite this I still get texts to say you are not sending me a statement as there has been no activity on my account this month and I am still welcomed by name when I go to the website. If I am not allowed an unwanted 'credit' account then why can you not automatically change my account to a cash account. When I first registered there was no obvious way to do this either.

I generally found the customer service pretty poor which is a shame as I do actually like the products I received on my first order (although something I didn't mention in my review was that parts of my order were very late even though it specified next day delivery).

I appreciate you coming back to me however and maybe in the future when i've simmered a bit over the issues i've had I may reconsider giving you my business.

Regards