Appalling service - please avoid them & shop elsewhere

Guest's review of Very www.very.co.uk

“Appalling service - please avoid them and shop elsewhere”

Written on: 21/11/2012

I ordered one item, selected click and collect. The "expected" date it would be ready for collection came and went and I heard nothing.

So I contacted them to find out what had happened to my item. They said it had been returned to them and they had refunded me. It had been returned to sender by the delivery company - I had never even seen the item! No-one at Very had even seen fit to tell me I should no longer be expecting my item...

They told me if I still wanted the item I would have to re-order and buy it all over again. It was by now too late to re-order as it was to be a gift and the occasion was imminent. I told them how much they had inconvenienced me and had no apology or anything.

Then they started bombarding me with post "welcoming" me to my account (I had not opened an account with them, I had paid for one item up front), and emails telling me about my "account" with them. I asked them to stop. And to get them to stop I had to give them lots of personal details, which I was not happy about, and fill in a form. They are still sending me emails constantly, every time I get one my blood pressure rises.

Please please buyer beware - do not buy from Very if you value your sanity. You may think you are getting a bargain but you will pay for it with your increased stress levels!

• Goods purchased & cost