unbelievable system, sorry for the call centre staff

jlumb's review of TJ Hughes www.tjhughes.co.uk

“unbelievable system, sorry for the call centre staff”

Written on: 19/08/2013 by jlumb (1 review written)

Have tried 4 times to order an akai tv online, but to no avail. The website was full of glitsches (eg popup kept coming up asking for nationality, obscuring all the other lines though I had clicked on British.) When I clicked the last button it went pale as usually happens, but I received no acknowledgement so I rang the next day, to find there was no order! I ordered by phone, and after a wait of another day or two received an email saying the order had been cancelled due to card not being processed, and a further one a couple of days after that saying it had been cancelled due to item out of stock. In the meantime I had placed the order again (with another ref number) and again received an email saying the card had not gone through. (I use this card all the time, there is nothing wrong with it. I should say the women I spoke to were very friendly, they are trapped by the system. NOTE: the calls are payable and typically 26 mins wait. I asked to speak to a manager, who rang the wrong number in return. He refused to put me in touch with his line manager. What a waste of my time. I will be writing to TJHughes.

• 139.99 or 149.99