A business not honoring its word

Guest's review of Opentip.com www.opentip.com

“A business not honoring its word”

Written on: 21/10/2013

I ordered a sofa set from Opentip.com because it offered the lowest price after I did a price research online. Two days later I got an email from them saying “we do not know the exact shipping fee until we get your ship to zip code” and asking me to pay $80 more for shipping, which was very ridiculous because I provided my address plus zip code when I placed the order online and their system calculated the shipping charge based on my zip code. If their system made a mistake, it was their fault. Why asking me to pay for their stupidity? So I told them I would not pay more and asked them to honor their price. Their response was they would not honor the price and later they cancelled my order. I have to say this company does not have basic business ethics. A business which does not honor its word is not an honorable business. Furthermore, I think it was fraudulent as they first deceived me with lower price to do business with them and later jacked up the price hoping I would pay since I already spent time on price research. In fact the backup store on my price research list increased the price a couple of days after I placed the order on Opentip.com. Eventually I bought the sofa set from that store because I did not want to do any business with the dishonest people from Opentip.com. Therefore, lesson is learnt and shared.

• Goods purchased & cost