Bait & Switch

Guest's review of Opentip.com www.opentip.com

“Bait and Switch”

Written on: 16/08/2012

I ordered a Yukata robe. The picture clearly showed a full length robe, and the size was One Size fits Most. The price was very low, which I suppose I should have been suspicious right there. It turned out that the robe was a short, jacket style, and it was so small it was several inches shy of going around my size XL boyfriend. It was more like a size Medium. I wrote them telling them that I needed to return it, and they wrote back saying that there would be a 15% - 25% restocking fee! I protested, as the item was definitely not as advertised. They did waive the restocking fee and sent me a return shipping label. A month after I sent it back I still didn't have my refund, so I wrote again. At that point they expedited my refund and I had it within a week. Of course, they did not refund the shipping, which was rather high, half the cost of the item itself.
So to sum up; item was not as advertised, they tried to rip me off for a restocking fee when the reason for the return was their fault, they were slow to refund my money, and I'm out $11 for shipping. Overall, not a good experience.

• Goods purchased & cost