John Lewis decided to cancel my order. Ruined New Year party

JAMMARBRO's review of John Lewis www.johnlewis.com

“John Lewis decided to cancel my order. Ruined New Year...”

Written on: 31/12/2013 by JAMMARBRO (1 review written)

I placed an order online on Friday 27th December at 11.02 am for 1x sonos 3 and 1x Sonos 1 wireless music systems, and also a hostess trolley. Total price £625.89. I was advised that the Sonos systems would be delivered seperately, on Saturday 28th December, and the Hostess trolley on Friday 3rd January. I noticed on Saturday morning that John Lewis had sent me an email at 15.05 on Friday to say that the order had been cancelled. This was not at my request or knowledge.
I ran the customer services on the Saturday morning as soon as i noticed this, and was told that it was a mystery why it had been cancelled. I was promised that the Sonos systems would now be delivered on Monday. My wife waited in the whole day, and no delivery arrived. I have rang John Lewis customer services just now and have been told that the order is still showing as been cancelled, and that they can offer no explanation. They checked stock locally in stores, and said the nearest store with stock was Sheffield, which is 40 miles away from me. I asked if they could deliver them to me as this was their fault. I was told that they didnt have the authority to do this, but that I could go and collect them from the store, which I cannot, as I am at work 40 miles away.
The end result is, We have 40 guests arriving this evening for a new year party, and nothing to play music. My son has spent the weekend making playlists through Napster, which we have joined in preparation for the delivery.
I ordered through John Lewis because of their good reputation and customer service. I now know this is not always the case!!

• Sonos 1, Sonos 3. Hostess Trolley. £625.89