Appalling customer service

Newland666's review of John Lewis www.johnlewis.com

“Appalling customer service”

Written on: 15/01/2013 by Newland666 (1 review written)

John Lewis appalling customer service. Present ordered on 9th December to be delivered to my elderly aunt and uncle. Found out in January that it had not been delivered, very upsetting for myself and relatives. Emailed a complaint. They replied the item was damaged in transit and they had tried to call me on 20th December, no call, email or text received and 20th Dec was far too late when the present should have been delivered. They refunded the money on 2nd January but NOT the delivery charge. Why did they not contact me after the five working days when they knew it had not been delivered. I could have ordered something else. I accept things can go wrong with deliveries but good customer service would have been to ensure they made contact with me immediately they knew the item was damaged. After two emails asking why the delivery charge was not refunded, they never even tried to deliver it, I have not been answered. Surely the delivery charge should be refunded. An email from Elizabeth Cuthbert states that present was refunded on 31st. December 2013!!!!!!! There appears to be no quality check on customer service replies.

I have used John Lewis click and collect service and that worked very well, however, I wonder if there had been a problem whether the same customer service team would have handled it as badly.

• Goods never arrived - damaged in transit