Appaling customer service

Guest's review of John Lewis www.johnlewis.com

“Appaling customer service”

Written on: 07/01/2013

I normally buy everything from Amazon (excellent returns policy, guaranteed next day delivery, good prices, etc.), but decided I would give John Lewis a go as I'd heard good things and they offer a 5 year warranty on electricals.

Never again. Order placed on 27th Dec and website said I'd be called within 48 hours to arrange delivery (I'd have already had the same product from Amazon for 24 hours by then....). Anyway, I waited until 5 days had passed and the order status hadn't changed, so I called customer service. They could tell me nothing but would 'put a note on the account'.

Nothing happened, so after 7 days I emailed customer service. An automated reply said they would respond within 24 hours. 2 days later they sent an email which still did not offer me a delivery date, or any explanation. I replied and asked for a date. I got an automated reply saying they would respond within 24 hours. They didn't....

Order cancelled. Re-ordered with Amazon. Item will be here tomorrow, and for £1 less.