John Lewis Price Match

Guest's review of John Lewis www.johnlewis.com

“John Lewis Price Match ”

Written on: 28/12/2012

Richer Sounds Liverpool store which is a large competitor of John Lewis,in selling television advertised a Samsung LED TV for less than that advertised by JL. I naturally went on the JL website to discover their Price Match Form which was duly completed and returned. I also phoned their Customer Service Office who agreed to investigate the undersale and resolve matters in 24 hours.

Now 9 hours later JL require my address, contact number, together with Richer Sounds full address, this information I've already provided. JL have also informed me that it will take will take a further 2-3 days to investigate and decide whether their Price Match operates and subject to Richer Sounds still holding stock of the Samsung TV.

In my opionion John Lewis purposley stalls for time knowing fully well that any competitor is likely to sell its stock within a matter of 24-36 hours. I have also found their staff unhelpful and the whole experience a utter waste of time.

I have now now purchased the Samsung TV from Richer Sounds for my disabled son.

A P Riley