Absolute joke - do not use this rubbish company

CazzaP_41's review of Isme - www.isme.com

“Absolute joke - do not use this rubbish company”

Written on: 08/11/2013 by CazzaP_41 (1 review written)

I ordered a hair product from this company as they was offering a £25.00 discount off my first order, with the product being £120.00 as this was a good offer I ordered the product.
After several attempts to put the discount code in and to no avail, I therefore had to refer to the customer services department to enter the discount manually.

My order arrived and all was fine with the product.

I then received an email to say that if I placed an order over £50.00 I would receive a further discount of £20.00 on my first order, so without further a due I sent off another order (big mistake)

The order then arrived, again no problem with the products.

I received an email to say that my statement was available online, which I did not look at as I was (like every other catalogue in the world does!) expecting a paper statement to say when this needed paying, this did not arrive before I was going on holiday overseas so I expected the bill to be on my doorstep on my return.

Whilst I was overseas in Cyprus I received a text from ISME to say that they had not received my payment and I needed to contact them, so in order to get this rectified immediately I called them from my mobile (at a huge cost to me as you can imagine!)and made the payment, the staff member that I spoke to was very unhelpful and very slow even though I repeatedly said I was overseas!I asked her if I would be charged for the payment as I have not received a bill and she said there has been a £12.00 charge added to my account, I was very frustrated and questioned this, after a while of constantly explaining she said that she would need to call a different department to have this removed as I am only able to have one removed, I said that I haven't even made a payment yet so how can I have already have had one late charge added to my account? she wanted to keep me on hold even longer but I said again I am overseas to which she replied you will need to call us back on my return to get this rectified. - Useless.

Upon my return 5 days later I called them straight away and went through this all again with another useless staff member she then said that the £12.00 charge has already been refunded and my next payment is due on 24th November.

I have logged on to my account this afternoon and could see my payment was due on 24/11, I paid this today so that I did not forget to pay, I could not make head nor tail of how anything has been charged/added to my account/refunded etc, but I know that my balance is totally wrong taking in to account that I should have a discount of at least £45.00 off my total to start with (which was £162.00) and my balance is now £106.00, I have made 2 payments of over £40.00!!I'm no accountant but this does not add up!, after speaking to John at Customer Services he ran through this really fast (no help whatsoever!)and advised that 2 x £12.00 late payment charges have been applied, I queried this and he said that I need to call another department to get this removed as they only remove 1 of them normally, he gave me another number to call to rewuest this getting removed, after requesting to speak to a Manager he said that he would request one calls me back within 4 hours!

I then called the number that John gave me to get the late charge removed and was put through to Karl, he had no intention of listening to anything I had to say at all, he kept repeatedly saying "this was my responsibility to pay my bills on time", I was getting more and more frustrated by the second, after I kept saying I have never had a bill from you and at no point has anyone at ISME ever advised that I have paperless billing set up on my account and can change this to receiving a bill in the post, Karl was not prepared to help, he had the nerve to say that the payment I made today was due on 4/11 so it's is late!!does anyone at this company know what they are doing? I think not!!!.

In the meantime I received a call on my mobile whilst on the landline to Karl which I had to ignore, when I came off the phone I discovered the supervisor had called and requested I call them back.

So I called back again and was put through to the customer service team in South Africa, the lady said they could not help me as the customer services team are in Cardiff, I sarcastically said oh well I unfortunately am unable to pop over to Cardiff to see them! that was the final straw I just lost my patience, I am paying off my bill and never using these again, I suggest everyone else does the same before they rip you off like they have me!.

I think that the whole "customer service" department is a joke.

• Goods purchased & cost