Advertising free delivery before charging over £3 delivery

Skipper185's review of Isme - www.isme.com

“Advertising free delivery before charging over £3...”

Written on: 01/07/2013 by Skipper185 (1 review written)

I normally use GAME when buying new games however as the particular game I was looking for was out of stock, Minecraft 360 Version, I decided to check Google. IsMe was the joint cheapest alongside other such retailers as Very, however Very and the others all stated a delivery charge of over £3 whereas IsMe specifically stated free delivery, and I have a screenshot to back that up, if anyone is interested: http://i.imgur.com/EjpObpS.png?1

I go through the process of making an account since there appeared to be no way of purchasing items without an account. When adding the item to the basket I was given a large button to take credit and pay in installments and a very small button just to pay by card, I chose card. When double checking my basket I am shown the £14 for the game and no other costs but when I click to the next page where I would input my card details the price has suddenly gone up to over £17. At that point I simply refused to go any further, asked them to cancel my account and advised them to advertise correctly in future but have yet to have a reply.

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit isme.com

Isme_Representative's Response to Skipper185's Review

Written on: 02/07/2013

Hi,

We're really sorry to hear that you feel misled by our free delivery promotion. Our website does advise that free delivery is available on orders that are to be delivered to a Collect+ store.

Certain items are not eligible for Collect+ delivery - usually for size restrictions. In this instance the item you wished to order was an Xbox game. These delivered directly by our suppliers who choose to send the games via Royal Mail. Due to this the Collect+ option would not have been available for your order and the delivery charge would be applied.

We hope this clears up any confusion.

Dave