Great online service ....but!!

auldlangsyne's review of House of Fraser www.houseoffraser.co.uk

“Great online service ....but!!”

Written on: 21/10/2012 by auldlangsyne (2 reviews written)

I have a set of Linea Soho chinawear bought online this year from HOF. Very happy with it and, bought in the sale, great value from money. During the current sale I decided to extend it and called at my local Edinburgh Frasers and picked out what I needed. It was quite heavy so, as the store has no parking, no loading bay and is a distance from a bus stop (courtesy of tram works, I asked for delivery. They refused. They don't delivery crockery and if they did they would charge. I pointed out that compared to their main competitor, John Lewis, this was archaic. I received a blank look.

I left and ordered online from HOF and had the goods delivered intact in two days with free delivery. Are they trying to put their stores out of business?

I did a postive review on their website but because I mentioned John Lewis they rejected it. Sad that they choose to ignore constructive criticism.

Another problem is they do not provide a receipt of any sort nor can I print one from the website. I have to e-mail and ask.

Let me say the product is great and the speed of delivery superb but why can't I order instore for delivery and why do I have to beg for a receipt for goods I have bought and paid for?

• Linea Soho Bone China dinner service

Luna62's Response to auldlangsyne's Review

Written on: 26/10/2012

You are dealing with low paid shop assistants. The days dealing with reputable compnies is gone.