AVOID THIS COMPANY !!

swan2ty's review of Home Shopping Selections www.hss.uk.net

“AVOID THIS COMPANY !!”

Written on: 21/12/2012 by swan2ty (3 reviews written)

I ordered a wrist watch on behalf of my elderly father. It took 28 days to arrive. When my father finally received the watch, he was very disappointed with it. It was actually described as a large watch, which was suitable for the elderly, and for someone with poor eyesight. As my father is 86yrs old with eye problems, he thought this watch would be ideal for him. The watch was so small, my father thought the company had sent him a childs watch. I returned it for my father, and requested a refund. I sent back the watch using the special delivery service, at the cost of £5.90. I emailed the company and asked if they would also refund the returns postage, as I didn't think it was fair that my father had to pay to return something that wasn't advertised correctly. The company agreed. That was in September 2012. I have spent the last 3 months emailing this company to get them to refund my father. They replied to most of my emails expressing their apologies, and stated that the refund had been issued. As a last resort, I told them I would be contacting Trading Standards if they did not pay up. That did work. I truly believe that if I had not persued this matter, my father would not have received his money. I cannot beleive how companies like this are allowed to operate in this way. This is the first time my father and I have used HOME SHOPPING SELECTIONS, suffice it to say it is the last. DO NOT USE!!!!!!