Shocking customer service

Sadshopper's review of Debenhams www.debenhams.co.uk

“Shocking customer service”

Written on: 19/07/2013 by Sadshopper (1 review written)

Customer service, clearly of no priority to Debenhams what so ever. We ordered an item of furniture 2 months ago which they give an estimate of delivery as 20 days. We have not received this item and have no idea of when we might. It is extremely difficult to contact the customer complaints section, apparently you are not able to speak directly to a real person you can only e-mail, which we have more than once, and received barely a lukewarm response and promises or contact within set time frames none of which happened . Initially I was quite shocked as I niavely thought that a big well known company would be pretty good with customers, now I am just fed up not sure if/when we will resolve this . I wish I had looked for reviews on customer services before I ordered as I have found so many customer comments who have also had bad experiences. Will never purchase anything like this again from Debenhams and will advise friend/family etc. to think twice, in future I'll go back to John Lewis and M&S.

• Goods purchased & cost