DISSAPOINTMENT AFTER DISSAPOINTMENT

JimNE's review of Debenhams Plus - www.debenhamsplus.com

“DISSAPOINTMENT AFTER DISSAPOINTMENT”

Written on: 25/01/2014 by JimNE (1 review written)

I took a days holiday for the delivery but a few days before I got an email to say it would be a week late. I was not happy but they were very dismissive, even refusing to pass me to a manager to complain higher up the tree.

Two days after the cancelled delivery date, I broke my leg and had to have an operation to screw a plate on yesterday. I contacted them to explain this and tell them that I would now need to have the machine brought in for me and connected for me and that it was only fair I did not have to pay any extra as it should have arrived before my accident. They refused and I had to have a two day argument by email, they only relented a little when I explained our respective positions interms of contract law and made it clear I would pursue them to recover costs and damages. They have still refused to actually connect it so that will be an agonising job for me later!!

I was also told that I would be first or one of the first on the list for my delivery and that I would be contacted first thing in the morning to give me a three hour delivery window. It is now midday and I am still waiting. I just called the delivery company and spent 37 minutes on hold before getting someone who could not tell me anything because she could not get hold of the driver. She also refused to call me back when she got hold of the driver because they only took incoming calls; the best she could do was keep me on hold until she got hold of him. She did mention though that I was one of the last on the list; I am incredulaous!

So, hopefully, anyone reading this will understand my harsh rating. I can safely say I will never order with these guys again or even set foot in Debenhams shops, just on principle.

• 322