Shocking customer service !

Guest's review of Concord Extra - www.concordextra.com

“Shocking customer service ! ”

Written on: 04/09/2013

The products are cheap, and the delivery is reasonable and fast....but I'd rather have a slower delivery so that my parcel did not turn up damaged and ripped and no use what so ever!!
So...I call the branch where I ordered online and got the rudest, uncaring, mouthy, incompetent advisor I've ever spoken to. Firstly the reaction was almost as though she was saying "not my problem" when she said "well I didn't pack it the warehouse did"
Secondly when I asked for my refund for the one broken item only I rounded it off to the nearest pound and got a rude snotty response of "it's not that amount it's pence! " so I said ok well is like the pence refunded. So I then a response of "if your not happy send the lot back " - which comes across as "we don't want your custom anyway"
So as you can imagine this made me feel badly treated and at this point I asked "can I speak to the manager "
The advisor then gets on her high horse ...tells me she is (although I later find out she is not the overall manager at all) and the advisor raises her voice, doesn't let me get a word In, then starts shouting and being rather rude.
There was no apology on behalf of the company...no stopping to listen to what THE PAYING CUSTOMER wanted to say and I ended up demanding my one item refund and hung up.

I then called a different branch, got a lovely helpful lady who reported it to her area manager for me! She was much more sympathetic and even though my order was nothing to do with her or her branch she apologised, and dealt with me professionally and took immediate action

The online branch should learn from this! I'm sure they will be hearing from their area manager soon and hopefully open her eyes that's she's not very good at the job and should learn some customer service skills.

I will not be using this company again or be recommending them. It's a Shame I don't live in whales so I can use this little shop who helped me on the phone rather than the online company.

Id rather pay more elsewhere than receive damage goods and rude customer service.

• £25 - mixed items

Concordextra's Comment

Written on: 11/09/2013

Every order is packed to a high standard. We are very disappointed to hear when items become damaged during transit via our couriers. Every customer can be reassured it leaves our premises in perfect condition. On the very rare occasion items do become damaged during transit, we always offer refund or a replacement, we also offer to collect items free of charge.
If refund needs to be applied we need to clarify to the exact pence to avoid any further confusion.
Custom is always warmly welcome at our company.
We thrive on excellent customer service. Customer Service is of the upmost importance to us at Concordextra.
We are disappointed to hear when any customer becomes unhappy, every issue will be dealt with accordingly.