Delivery was pathetic

swarnali.r's review of Argos - www.argos.co.uk

“Delivery was pathetic”

Written on: 24/07/2014 by swarnali.r (2 reviews written)

I have recently ordered baby play gym for my niece. I booked slot for Monday 21 July 2014 but it was not delivered that day. I required it in urgency as my parents to travel back to India on 22 July Tuesday. Whole day my husband waited for the delivery from 7 am to 8 pm but nobody came. Then I called up Customer services on Tuesday morning at 8.05 am regarding the delivery. I requested them to deliver before noon so that my parents can take it with them as their flight at 16 hours and also the delivery was supposed to be for Monday. The lady said she cannot guarantee the timing and it can be anytime from 9am to 8pm. I cannot believe it. Firstly they didn't delivered on time and then when I requested for priority then also no action was taken. The reason for not delivery was also lie. They said driver on Monday was not allowed to enter property and no access. But my flat is open access flat, no need for any kind of access. I was really disappointed as they delivered 7pm and my parents could not take along with them. Very bad customer service as the lady was very rude as well while talking and serving.

• cost was good, purchade good but delivery pathetic