Appauling customer service.

JaidenMoore's review of Argos - www.argos.co.uk

“Appauling customer service.”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by JaidenMoore (1 review written)

I purchased a tv at Argos East Rd in Irvine Scotland. I wasn't sure if I needed the dongle for it to be a smart tv. None of the staff could help me. I asked the manager if it turned out that I needed the dongle could I still get the discount as part of the offer for buying the TV the next day as no-one in the store could ad advise me. The manager just said I'm off tomorrow so I can't help you and walked off. I complained on the customer service helpline and they apologised and said that I could do that and it shouldn't have been an issue. They gave me a reference number and said that I should just go in the next day and it would be taken care of. I turned up, reference number and receipt expecting to have no problems, how wrong I was! Waited at an empty till while 2 staff struggled to service the collection counter, eventually 1 of them made it across. I explained my situation and she obviously knew that I had complained as she said yes you were told that it was managers discretion. I said that that's not what happened, the manager was actually extremely rude. She then said, I'm going to have to ask you to calm down. I did excuse me, can I just speak to your manager, 10 minutes later she comes back and says that's fine I'll give you the dongle, I said it's not fine, can I speak to your manager. This pathetically excuse of an individual turned up and says that she has the power to sell me it or not, I said actually your customer service said that it was no problem. I said that her staff members manner was a disgrace. She says well it's your word against hers. I told her not to call me a liar. She says, do you want the dongle or not. I said just give me it. She says no you're to aggressive and I refuse to serve you. Bearing in mind I'm standing there with my 9 year old daughter and wearing a uniform of a blue chip company. I will never purchase anything from argos ever again and my wife and close family members will be cancelling there argos cards. Well done on your customer service to the the little braced faced teenager that calls herself a manager. I will take this matter further and return the TV. Great job argos!!! In 40 years I have never been so poorly treated by store staff. I once had some poor service almost as bad as this in Comet. (not quite as bad) and they went bust!!! Wonder why??? Watch this space argos. If you want some cheeky brat on a power trip to run your stores in this manner to save money, all I can say is good luck with that lol.

• led tv £280