Argos is worse than the worst of dodgy ebay stores

stradbally's review of Argos - www.argos.co.uk

“Argos is worse than the worst of dodgy ebay stores”

Written on: 18/03/2014 by stradbally (6 reviews written)

Having been a customer of argos for 40yrs. plus, 15 months ago I bought a silentnight mattress from them with a 5 year guarantee. I made this purchase with confidence ( using my past experiences as my yardstick). Oh dear Oh dear, what a mistake that was. Recently, a fault developed, and I confidently contacted Argos expecting the problem to be resolved. HOW WRONG I WAS!! Although the terms of the 5 year guarantee clearly stated that Argos would liase with the manufacturer to resolve the problem, this is what they actually did----They sent me an email that stated that under the sale of goods act, after 6months it was down to me to prove to them that I had not damaged the item myself, and would have to pay for an inspection myself. What argos are effectively saying is that they assume that I am telling lies until proved otherwise. What a dreadful company Argos has become over the last couple of years or so. At the end of the day I have had to contact the manufacturer directly, and they, fortunately, are showing far more integrity than argos and are dealing with the problem.To Argos---Thanks for the 40 years of good service, but now that customer service is clearly a thing of the past, I am afraid that it is now goodbye.

• Goods purchased & cost