Payment Disaster

thgun's review of Argos - www.argos.co.uk

“Payment Disaster”

Written on: 24/10/2013 by thgun (1 review written)

I'm pleased with my goods but the perlathervI went through just to get it. Went into my local strore to purchase an ipad 3 which was currently out of stock. At the time it was apples latest tablet. When stock eventually became available it was at a branch in Leicster not far from me. I immedietly reserved the item on my mobile then went in to my local store just to double check as I did not want to make a wasted journey. Got to the store asked to view the Item then came to buy the item .

I inserted my card and entered my details and it was declinned emedietly. Argos had to authorise the purchase but they declined my card. I was then told I had to ring my bank to get autherisathion as there authorisation had not gone through and this was the reason they had declined my card. The bank ok it and I tryed a second time. Again it had been declined by argos. So I rang the bank back and they said payment had been taken. So when I asked the person who was serving me, what was going on and can I have my goods I've payed for as my card had been debited they said no because it had not registered as a sale on thier till it had been declined . So I actually ended up going into the bank for the cash and paying twice. I asked will I be refunded for this error she said yes but could not give me a time when it would be and I never did get an answer as to why argos declined my card, but was still able to take payment.

• Goods purchased & cost