Argo replacement product insurance

ccoles3's review of Argos - www.argos.co.uk

“Argo replacement product insurance”

Written on: 23/02/2013 by ccoles3 (1 review written)

Hello,
We purchased a Morphy Richards Slow cooker (£35.98) and Argos product replacement insurance cover (£5.99) in October 2010. After 6 months use the slow cooker went faulty and started to melt one day whist unattended. It not only destroyed itself but also burnt a hole through our Kitchen work top. It almost burnt our house down!

Argos said there was nothing they could do, they said I had to go through MR. The item catching fire was outside the scope of the 'Argos Product Replacement' insurance! I was very surprised to hear this.

After much e-mail communication and mucking about it took 6 months to get a replacement slow cooker delivered buy MR. We did eventually get agreement for our kitchen work top to be replaced but we are still waiting for this work to be done. Morphy Richards were actually very good.

I would not recommend 'Argos customer care insurance' as this appears to be totally useless. I am unable to say that the insurance offered us any help what so ever. In fact my ego is bruised as I feel like a bit of a plonker for buying the insurance in the first place!

Regards,