Amazon Express delivery problems

OldSouthendian's review of Amazon - www.amazon.co.uk

“Amazon Express delivery problems”

Written on: 26/10/2012 by OldSouthendian (1 review written)

For many years I have used Amazon standard delivery and items have turned up within an acceptable time (sometimes late, sometimes on time, occasionally early); not a significant problem.

Recently I had need to use the Express service (guaranteed delivery next day by 13:00hrs).

Not only did the goods not turn up by the guaranteed time but from the tracking option it was apparent that goods did not leave shipper's depot until after the originally guaranteed delivery date.

Once the shipping company started to ship they then managed to loose the goods in their system; telephone calls to shipper were never answered. Only after my complaining to Amazon the goods were reordered and as at time of writing this note they have still not arrived even though they were meant to be again on Express delivery. Whilst all Amazon webchat and telephone personnel were polite and sympathetic it became increasingly apparent that they could not resolve the problem (why that should be the case is yet another topic).

However, one of the Amazon emails contained the following words:-

Please let me explain that we do not currently have the ability to assign certain carriers to a specific customer or address but will continue working with all of our carriers to drive improvements for our customers. We are at the moment looking into providing those options to our customers in the future.

Having worked for some large corporations in the past at an executive level this immediately rang alarm bells in my head that delivery problems are much more widespread than my little issue even though I thought that they had generally subsided in the UK.

May I suggest that wise Amazon shoppers shop very early indeed for Christmas, remain patient and stay well away from Express delivery!

• Miracoil Matress