Shocked by their brilliant customer service

clairefaerie's review of Amazon - www.amazon.co.uk

“Shocked by their brilliant customer service”

Written on: 07/10/2012 by clairefaerie (1 review written)

I have been using amazon for a long time now, at first for books, then for dvds and as they have expanded I've been ordering more and more from them, never any problems, always delivered on time (used to be that they arrived before the expected delivery date)

Then I ordered a car usb charger for a satnav from a different company selling on amazon, but what arrived was a sound cable for an ipod. So I went online to see how to return it, there were clear instructions and I had to contact customer services, expecting to be on hold for an hour I was happy to see that I could have them call me, which they did immediately, making me very happy. They apologised 5 times, despite it being another company who made the mistake and sent me a freepost returns label to print, processed it all quickly, efficiently and politely and now I'm wondering why customer services can't be this good for all companies?

• Goods purchased & cost