Website/Products fine - Dispatch Process is Terrible

Optimiser's review of Amazon - www.amazon.co.uk

“Website/Products fine - Dispatch Process is Terrible”

Written on: 15/09/2012 by Optimiser (7 reviews written)

Amazon always used to be first class on their deliveries. When they were selling mainly books you could order a book one day and know that it would be dispatched that day and arrive the following day.

Recently I have had some really bad experiences with amazon.co.uk on the dispatch side. I have ordered goods and paid for first class post only to find that they didn't dispatch the goods that day - what I aks myself is the point of paying for first class post if they don't dispatch the goods the same day?

Recently I ordered some goods and the website expressly stated that if I ordered the goods within the next couple of hours I would receive the goods the following day. So, I ordered the goods and paid for first class post to ensure they arrived the following day only to find that they haven't even dispatched the goods by the following day and with the weekend intervening the goods wouldn't be dispatched until Monday of the following week. Needless to say, I am going to cancel my account with Amazon in protest about the appalling dispatch processes that they have today.

• Electronics £80