Amazon deletes negative feedback

Guest's review of Amazon - www.amazon.co.uk

“Amazon deletes negative feedback”

Written on: 19/08/2012

Amazon have one very important thing going for them - their returns policy which is excellent. I've used Amazon for years and always been pleased with my purchases apart from when it involves their Market Place traders. Apologies to the genuine Market Place Traders but there are a lot of very dodgy ones on Amazon. Getting just an invoice is often impossible; why? well, I don't know but the only time I have come across traders who won't give an invoice has been with those working on the 'black' economy but you have to come to your own conclusion regarding this. I've given Amazon a thumbs down though because recently I bought a PC desk from a rogue trader on Amazon and gave him polite negative feedback on the grounds that he was non-contactable and didn't respond to my messages via Amazon of a problem that I had with the purchase. Amazon published the feedback but somehow the trader got it deleted again and his rating went back to 100%. Subsequently over the next four days other buyers gave him consistent bad feedback and his rating fell to 50% - my feedback was vindicated and his trading days under his existing name would seem to be over I'm glad to say. Unfortunately this has left a very bad taste particularly as Amazon say they deleted my feedback because it didn't comment on the trader which of course it did, very much so, as it was the whole reason for the negative feedback. I won't buy from an Amazon Trader again because now when I view a traders feedback I can't know if all the negatives have been deleted.

• PC desk from Worcester Furnishings via Amazon