I love Mott's

Guest's review of Mott's Miniatures www.minishop.com

“I love Mott's”

Written on: 09/06/2012

First, I am sad that Mott's no longer has a brick & mortar store because it was fun the one or two times I visited a few years ago to see the actual products and I wish, now that I'm building a doll house, that I could still do that. However, I enjoy their newletters which always entice me to browse their website. They also provide a lot of information & good books for construction guidance.

I love the history of the Mott family & am also sad that Knott's Berry Farm's new owner got rid of the Mott's display. A year or so ago I started building a dollhouse for my granddaughter - and now that I'm "into" building doll houses I'd sure love to go see the many fantastic things made by the Mott family over the years. I like to buy from them because they are "local" and because I love their story. Their prices are really good & everything I've ordered from them is always delivered timely & correctly.

Bluedress's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2012

If I were able to I would change my review from 5 stars to 1 based on the bizarre interactions that occur with this company when you have a problem. I've purchased several 100$s of items from them. Yes they have good selection, prices & fast shipment. However, if you ask them a question (via email or phone) they respond in a very rude manner. The worst issue occurred after I left my review & received my $5 coupon code. I for some reason was unable to complete my order online, and thus called in a phone order. When I tried to use my coupon code they said it could only be used online. So I told the guy to hold off on the order & I would try again on line. I successfully completed the online order & used the coupon code. When my order arrived, they had charged me a $5 restocking fee for the "phone order" thus negating my $5 coupon. When I emailed them to complain, I received the same type of email complained about in some of the other reviews - rude, bizarre, etc. Essentially they said I had to write a letter & send it via US Mail (interesting since they were so hot for "on line" when I tried to use my coupon). Their email also outlined other rather bizarre requirements (to meet the requirements of their sales contract...). I sent them a letter & they have not responded. It's only $5. No - it's the principal.