Arrogant, Abusive, Bizarre

Guest's review of Mott's Miniatures www.minishop.com

“Arrogant, Abusive, Bizarre”

Written on: 19/04/2012

I ordered one item, a mini Vaseline jar. I received, a few days later, a jar that read "Petroleum Jelly." When I informed Mott's Miniatures via email what had happened, I received a series of bizarre "legalese" emails informing me that I had agreed to a policy of the customer receiving "assorted" minis if the one the customer ordered wasn't in stock. When I noted that the item was associated with an exact item number and that it would have been a good idea to notify me that the item I ordered wasn't in stock as most customers ordering a single item don't consult a lengthy legal agreement, I was given a dictionary definition (yes, literally provided a dictionary definition) of the word "assorted." I was then referred to a return policy which -- no surprise -- indicates that should there be a dispute about an order and should the customer desire a return or exchange, the customer must go through a lengthy process of providing information that the company already has (from address to item number to tracking number), then must wait to see if the company deigns to allow the return or exchange. No kidding.

Clearly, this weirdo is far more interested in sending lengthy, arrogant, incorrect legalistic emails (at one point I was provided a veiled threat about my "false claims" and the "government") than in building solid buyer/seller relationships. A bizarre experience in which I finally was glad to let my $12 ($3 plus an additional $9 in shipping and handling -- at one point when I complained about it, I was assured would be only $5 if I'd ordered over $100 of merchandise!) go in order to be done with the arrogant, ridiculous emails.

• Vaseline jar, $3 plus $9 shipping and handling (to ship a tiny item 30 miles)

Nonenone's Comment

Written on: 19/04/2012

Item clearly marked as "assorted", meaning that the individual item comes assorted, it could vary in color or other finish. The customer ordered a miniature item of a petroleum jelly jar assorted and received the same. The customer was sent again instructions regarding how to request return for exchange but the customer has stated that she will keep the item. The customer received the item she ordered, at the price specified in the contract, and given a free upgrade to air shipping.

Bluedress's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2012

Yes! They are definitely "arrogant" seeming, and abusive & bizarre in their behavior. I have ordered several hundred dollars worth of stuff from them and actually gave them a glowing review, but the problem comes in when you have a question or a problem & then it is like you enter the twilight zone. Their customer attitude is - well, you said it, bizarre.

Minisk123's Comment

Written on: 20/04/2012

Sounds like you got the same customer service person I did. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Minifan's Comment

Written on: 20/04/2012

SEE "NONEONE'S" response below for confirmation of what I said above: He STILL wants to argue his ridiculous "policies," even as he gets yet another terrible review online. I never received an "upgrade" -- I paid $9 for shipping a $3 item 30 miles. The "instructions" I received (in a completely abusive, condescending and legalistic tone) for returning asked me to send volumes of information the seller already had and then wait for HIM to decide whether or not he deemed a return appropriate. Let me guess what the answer would have been! And let me guess who would have paid for shipping. His attitude really speaks for itself -- His response couldn't be clearer about how Mott's Miniatures will treat you if you shop there.