Totally Unresponsive to Back Order Questions

Guest's review of Mott's Miniatures www.minishop.com

“Totally Unresponsive to Back Order Questions”

Written on: 22/03/2012

6 weeks ago I ordered 2 expensive items from Mott's Miniatures that were placed on back order. I was not charged for the unreceived items. I have requested status repeatedly. Company correspondence unfailingly cites the contract to which I agreed and the website policy. I never get a direct answer.

Here is an example. My questions were these. "I received 1 out of 3 items. I have been trying to get information about the order but have not received a complete anwer to all of my concerns. 1) I need a tracking number on the shipment of the two back order items 2) I need to reconfirm that the back order items have not yet been sent as of today 3) I need to know based on your experience of your industry what is an appropriate amount of time to wait for a back order item and 4) I need to know what steps minishop.com will take on behalf of my late order, even though the suppliers will not give an approximate weekly timeframe about shipping back orders."

This was my answer. "Hello,
Information regarding how orders are processed, how long it takes to process
an order, and how to calculate your delivery time is available on our web
site. Here is a link that will take you back to that page of our site...
http://www.minishop.com/_forms/orderinf.htm Remember that Saturdays, Sundays
and Holidays are not business days. Also remember, as stated on our web
site, the Delivery Days (or number of days your carrier takes to deliver
your package) does NOT inlcude order processing time.

None of my questions are answered by the website. Now no one will answer my e-mails. Basically, it's a matter of waiting an unknown amount of time for the back order and tough luck. In my case I do not have cancellation rights and they have the right to raise the price at will. I suppose it's my fault for not reading the shoddy contract? This is an old company. I suspect there is relatively new ownership.

• museum quality doll furniture--1 item received 2 on back order

• Still waiting

Kweilin111's Comment

Written on: 05/04/2012

Update on my situation--Shortly after my barrage of questions I got one of my back order items, and a couple of days after that the second one. No one told me that one of my items was received by the company. Someone made the decision without consulting with me to send the first item because I was complaining so much and assumed incorrectly that I authorized the first item to be sent immediately even though it would cost me extra money.----Yes, I was glad to get my two outstanding items eventually and the company completed their end of the contract. However it should be noted that I ordered two apothecary cabinets and the second one, sent weeks later, didn't match ther first one because the company redesigned their product. It's not a random error or a slight color mismatch, it was a redesign. I do not trust the company to rectify any problems due to the mismatch and anyway I was able to work with the problem on my own.

Kweilin111's Comment

Written on: 10/04/2012

In response to nonenone--the information given to me about the status of my order was "clearly" written but was too vague to be useful. It basically said that the two back orders were to be shipped when they arrived from the manufacturer (no approximate timeframe). The webpage to which I had been referred did not say when to expect the order, it just gave a timeframe when the back order would be held but said nothing about what happened when the timeframe expired. Too unclear for me to understand. This was my first time ordering doll furniture from anyone. Then when I asked repeatedly for clarifications of what this all meant, I was referred back to the literature and didn't get an explanation. Therefore, I didn't receive personal service. This company thinks that personally sending an e-mail back to a customer is personal service. It is not. Personal service means tailoring the response to the customer's specific need, even if the customer is new and totally unknowledgeable about the doll furniture ordering business. No one told me that one of my items had arrived and that the company was holding it until the second arrived. No one told me before I received my items that on the whole the manufacturer was erratic (the company admitted to this after my business was completed with them). I asked them early in the game for this information. WHY WOULD THIS INFORMATION BE WITHHELD FROM ME? If I had this information timely, I would at least had a clue about what to expect from the manufacturer, instead I was totally in the dark. I would have saved the company money by not taking up so much of their customer service energy.

Nonenone's Comment

Written on: 06/04/2012

Customer has falsely claimed that we did not respond, nothing could be further from the truth. The customers back order status was clearly printed on the invoice sent with their first shipment. The information on the web site that the customer was aware of before placing their order stated how the customer was to use the web site to calculate their own delivery estimates. The customer was repeatedly sent the log-in link to log in to the web site to read the status of their own order. The customer need only have read their own invoice or logged into their own account to read their order status.