Dubious business practices

Guest's review of Internet Hobbies www.internethobbies.com

“Dubious business practices”

Written on: 24/03/2013

I had a couple of satisfactory transactions with Internet Hobbies in the past but I wish I had checked their Better Business Bureau rating (F) and online reviews (overwhelmingly 'poor') before placing another order. My first suspicion as to their business practices came when they charged my credit card account immediately on receiving the order. Within a few days of the order I contracted an illness, subsequently diagnosed as pneumonia. I called to cancel the order, the reason being unexpected medical bills. Their representative obviously doubted my word but said they would cancel it with a 15% 'restocking' fee - for an item that had not even shipped. Since I was going to be out almost $50 anyway, I went ahead with the purchase. The next day I discovered that they had tacked on an additional, unexplained charge to my account. I called them on it and they reversed the charge but it took a week and a half to post. I won't be back.

• Goods purchased & cost

By Ownerdale

Written on: 16/11/2013

The "F" review was for 4 unhappy customers out of over 186,000 orders over the last 18 years. The BBB would be glad to change our rating if we agreed to pay them over $500.00. This type of extortion by the BBB is a typical tactic they employ to "shake-down" businesses. I'll be glad to show you hundreds of excellent reviews from happy customers. Keep in mind that any person can write something negative about you without any verification as to the truth.