Very poor customer service

Guest's review of ebuyer www.ebuyer.com

“Very poor customer service”

Written on: 08/12/2012

I bought a NAS only to find that I purchased the wrong type as it was not compatible with apple products. I returned the item as not fit for purpose and waited. And waited. And waited. Nothing except my ebuyer account had noted it was registered as received. So I called them asking about my refund. The operator told me to keep an eye on my emails as it should be sorted very soon. Ok no problem, great. So I waited and waited and waited some more. Guess what, nothing! So I called back AGAIN. This time they had informed me it had been rejected because I had returned it damaged. Eh? I sent it back in exactly the same condition as I received it, still in its protective plastic covering. Apparently they opened the box and it had a big scratch on the side and something was bent, so they took photos.

Every time I try to speak to a supervisor the operator denies any knowledge of one?

I am still waiting to receive their photographic evidence, but yet again I have not heard anything.

I received the product back today, so I checked it over. There is nothing wrong with it. The protective cover has surface marks but that's normal. Take the protection off and it will be perfect.

They have no reason to reject my request of a refund so I have no choice to take this matter further as its not cheap.

• Dlink nas

Ebuyer.com's Comment

Written on: 10/12/2012

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear the issues that you have experienced and I would like to apologise for any frustration that these issues may have caused you.

We do offer a returns policy for items that have been incorrectly ordered and they can be returned to Ebuyer within 7 working days if they are not required. However these products have to be received in the same condition that they were supplied and they must not be damaged.

Unfortunately if your item has been damaged we would be unable to accept the item for a return.

Once again, I am very sorry for any inconvenience that has been caused. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team to discuss the matter further.

Kind regards

Nikki

Ebuyer Resolution Team

Fearkarma's Comment

Written on: 10/12/2012

The information attached to the product gave me the impression that I could access my files/photos from anywhere. Unfortunately I cannot access my files from anywhere as it is not compatible with my ipad or iphone. As a consumer I can purchase any product I wish, at any time and for any amount. If I make a mistake and buy a product that is not fit for my purpose I can send it back. I do NOT expect your customer service operator to question my choice of product and insult me by telling me I should not have bought it in the first place if it was not the right one! Who are they to judge me and dictate how I should spend my money?

Ebuyer have rejected a full refund because it is believed the product is scratched on the side and a
component is bent at the back, so ebuyer has returned the product to me.

I have checked the product thoroughly and considering it still wrapped in it’s protective film, completely covering it I cannot find any damage to the NAS device. Any scratch to the product could not have been done by myself because it is impossible to remove the protective covering and replace it, which means the product would have been supplied as damaged in the first instance, so I thank you for pointing it out to me because if the scratch DID exist I would have returned it as damaged goods and requested a full refund.

I also cannot find any bent component which was pointed out in my first telephone conversation on the 4/12/12 and I have asked 4 times for the returns department to provide me with photographic evidence of the suggested damages but my request continues to be ignored.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), goods you supply must be fit for purpose.
As there was a an issue of compatibility with the goods when I bought them, I request that ebuyer provides a full refund. I will be writing to the complaints department and if i receive no response I will have to take it further. This is rather unfortunate because I rated ebuyer but after this fiasco I doubt I will use them again for anything.