Two break downs, terrible service & attempted rip me off

Crumbledoughb's review of UK Gaming Computers www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk

“Two break downs, terrible service and attempted rip me off”

Written on: 01/02/2015 by Crumbledoughb (1 review written)

I bought a metis computer that was customised to my needs for Christmas 2012. A few months of running fine and everything going great my PC stopped giving any video input. I contacted the company who in reply told me they couldn't fix it unless I paid and after a long battle had to outsmart them by bringing up sales laws until they admired they would have to fix it free of charge if I took it down and picked it up which I did (4 hour trip I might add) they fixed it fine and just now the exact same issue. EXACT! So obviously they didn't do a good job fixing it. Needless to say I can't get it fixed because of the time but it just shows the quality and service of this company. Also, my friend found many other websites that offered computers to the exact same specification for much cheaper. Biggest mistake I've ever made!

• Metis gaming computer

Ukgc's Response to Crumbledoughb's Review

Written on: 02/02/2015

Hi Bryn,

Thanks for your feedback but I am a little disappointed to read that your PC has a similar fault and you believe that it is because of us there is a fault. Your Asus P8B75-M LX motherboard had developed a fault after 4 months use which we diagnosed and repaired without cost within a couple of days (you even thanked us for the fast and efficient repair including the whole process from start to finish) and now believe we didn't do a good job at fixing it - The PC has worked as normal for the last 19 months since the repair - could you please explain why you believe that we "didn't do a good job at fixing it" because clearly we did if it was working when you collected it?

I understand you are frustrated that the PC potentially has the same issue but we don't manufacturer the components so if a component fails you should be venting your frustration towards Asus who manufacturer the component - we simply assemble and test the systems.

It sounds like you are not interested in our help as you have already left a review without contact us prior but if the fault is exactly the same then your motherboard will be under manufacturers warranty (Asus carry a 2-3 year manufacturer warranty as where most other only carry a year) so you can send it to them and they will replace it under manufacturer warranty free of charge.

I would also advise you to ensure that you are running the PC via a surge protector - we did advise this when the PC was first delivered but also reminded you in person when you came to collect the PC after the repair knowing it was a surge that caused the motherboard fault otherwise if the fault will simply reoccur again. We had a very small amount of Asus P8B75-M LX motherboards fail in the time we sold them (less than 0.3% failure rate) so you are either extremely unlucky or have an underlying issue with how your system is receiving power but as we know what the cause of the first fault was, it would be exceedingly likely that you do have an issue with your surge protector or because you haven't got one as advised.

Good luck with the repair and I hope you are up and running as soon as possible.