Be careful

Guest's review of UK Gaming Computers www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk

“Be careful”

Written on: 18/06/2014

I ordered a PC last Sept and it came with part of the front lose, since than the PC had one of the lights fell from the top of the PC and I have had nothing but trouble with this product stating up, when working it seems to be be fine but the start up is so faulty. I have e mailed the company and than called in to see what, can be done to fix this issue. I was greeted by the senior engineer who in a nut shell tried to be little the warranty which when you look at their site it states " they are so good that they have a 3 year warranty as standard" be carful if you fail to read all of the small print and do not take a photo of the seal than they will tell you your warranty is invalid.... Please check ypur consumer rights.
It looks like I may have to go to court..... This is not an ideal way of conducting business or looking after ypur customers. There are plenty of other company's that may not try to trick you.
If I do get any sence out of the company and this is resolved than I may write another however you have been warned.

• PC £1538.15

• A few weeks late

Written on: 02/02/2015

Just to clarify this feedback as we have had a couple of customers question what it was about this was a customer attempting to commit warranty crime.
The PC was out of warranty and was not even remotely covered under any consumer rights. We even offered a labour free repair on the system despite not even obliged to look at it.

Suffice to say, it never went to court and when the customers credit card company got in contact with us to attempt a charge back they were soon filled in with what the customer was trying to do - within one email the credit card company dropped the charge back, and apologized for taking up out time.

If UK Gaming Computers are at fault then it is in our up most importance to make things right, in this case we were being threatened with a duff review in order to get more out of us than a labour free repair despite not being entitled to anything.

Written on: 03/02/2015

I can confirm this PC was 6 months old and very much in warranty this company failed to repair it due to the above Comments I placed on the review site. I have the company e mails from them which I will happy post on line I have had to get legal and credit card help that's ture and I will be sending the above to them as this is not yet been completed. This company are not explains the facts to you. You have been warned.

Written on: 04/02/2015

Well that's a lie If I ever heard one.

The PC was well over 6 month old and was out of warranty. Period. Even your own credit card company disagrees with you!

Written on: 04/02/2015

Now let me think that's right your web site states our PC's are so awesome they come with a 3 year warranty I don't lie my PC from you was 6 months old when it went wrong the report I have from the company that fixed it paid for by the CC company stated poorly built I have the report but iam sure your not intested. For the record I have served my country in the Army for 12 years, I have been in the Met Police, have been a prison officer for 25 years and also a retained fire fighter for 7 years my integrity is in tact, such a pity yours is not I will not respond any further people can make up their own minds however call my integrity into question one more time and I will see you in court PERIOD. I will be forwarding all these comments to the solicitors that are dealing with this case.

Written on: 05/02/2015

Really? So why does your initial review date (18/6/14) and the mention of the "Sept" month in it say otherwise to your imaginary time scale?

Would that be the same company that state your PC was "poorly built" be the same company that told your CC company, and I quote, "a fault with the power supply because the power supply fan does not spin."? FYI - The Power Supply fan is only meant to spin when the power supply is under a certain load or reaches a certain temperature otherwise it will not spin, ever. Bless them, I wonder if they are still in business with that kind of technical diagnosis.

You had attempted to criminally deceit your CC company into believing we were at fault and have just been publicly outed.

I have a shovel here if you want to make the hole deeper.

Written on: 05/02/2015

Hi

I have had enough of all this the dates are at the bottom e mail it's now 2015 this was built in 2013 the fault went wrong at 9 months or just before still less tha a year old I won't bicker about dates this as been ongoing for ages no wonder dates get mixed up the fact remains it was less than a year old you state 3 years warranty on your site your T&C's had no mention of a photo you said it was attached to the PC sorry but that was not the case. I have attached all e mails to and from your company and myself I have nothing to hide let people make up there own minds what I will say is this is not showing your company as professional what so ever look at what you are doing and how people will view your comments I do now have a workable PC fixed at 177.00 paid for by the CCard company I can post all the bills and parts removed and notes from the company that fixed it if you want me to. The PC is powerful and when working granted it's good however you expect it to last longer and good after sales I and have removed names from the e mails.

Thanks for your reply.

Your computer will not be fixed by Gaming Computers for free. I have outlined the law and extended offer in my previous email and are quite happy to remain by this stance. We are more than prepared to enter into a legal battle should you wish to opt this route. We are yet to ever lose a small claims claim and every outcome we have been suitable compensated for our time. Its sounds like you are yet to speak to a professional on this matter and still urge you to do so.

If you can prove you placed the sticker in place when you received the PC then as previously explained we will repair the PC under warranty. If you have said emails and photos why don’t you forward those emails to me?

To clarify the offer is to pay for any parts needed and the labour to be a maximum of £50 however if it is a quick fix like replacing the motherboard or power supply we will do the labour at zero cost.

If the review is not removed in 24 hours then I am afraid we will withdraw our offer of a cheaper repair and will not be prepared to discuss the matter any further.

TEL: - Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm

From:
Sent: 18 June 2014 17:08
Subject: Re: Product enquiry from Gaming Computers Limited Order 4054

Dear

Thank you for your prompt reply to my e mail. I will if required get into a legal action with your company my consumer rights are protected by law. All I am looking for is my PC fixed and working at no cost to myself when the PC is only 9 months old regardless of small print. I did place the security sticker on the day I received the PC and a conversation to your company did take place regarding the front cover which was damaged in transit I have the e mails and photos which I took and I had explained on the phone that following this I had placed the seal on the back so could not fix it myself as your company requested as a quick fix? With regards to warranty I am within my rights and the seal was placed on the day the only thing I did not do was take a photo! The seal is still there and has not been removed.

I will not get into any further conversations about this other than to discuss a free repair, if your company is as good as the rest of the reviews than I don't see this as an issue and at that point I will amend my review to one of positive feedback. If you get good after care you give good reviews if it is removed I will contact the company and put it back and have a right to do so.

I don't want to have to get into the legal battle over this issue which can in my option be clearly sorted out however I will if required to protect my rights as a customer for a product that is only 9 months old.

Regards

Sent from my iPad

On 18 Jun 2014, at 16:29, Gaming Computers"

Hi,

Thanks for your email,

I’ll break down you email bit by bit so that it is easy and clear to understand;

With regards to my purchase of my PC last year and the information from your Senior Systems engineer today informing me that my warranty is not valid due to myself not taking a photo of the security seal which is in place from the day I got the PC? Why this is not e mailed to customers to ensure this is understood it is nothing more than a trick to get out of poor building of PC when it happens.

It is emailed to customers – Check your shipped email send on the 4/9/13. This information is also strapped to the side of your PC when you receive it (like the attached file) – this is on the same information sheet that explains about removing the foam insert from inside the PC so therefore we know you read these instructions otherwise your PC would not have worked with the foam insert inside. This information is also portrayed in section 8.15 of our terms and conditions which we know you read and agreed to when you purchased the PC rom us.

Finally if the fault was down to “poor building of the PC” then the PC would not have worked from day one. The initial estimate of the fault is a faulty PSU, Motherboard or switch. It has absolutely zero connection to a “poorly built PC”.

I am still within 12 months of warranty and have consumer rights and will be taking action under the consumer protection law. The PC is faulty due to no fault of my own I completed the seal at the time but missed the small print. Under this law if I start using an item ie PC I have deemed that I have accepted this item. But if I than discover a fault which I have in this case major fault than I am entitled to have the item repaired or replaced free of charge and I can assure you I have not caused this damage the unit is still sealed. This PC is less than 9 months old. It is so frustrating when things go wrong however more so when people are misled into making mistakes if this photo was so important it should have been highlighted via the order e- mail or placed on the PC by your company if you are that concerned about it.

This is incorrect. Warranty terms are different to custom made items compared to off the shelf items such as a TV, oven or even a pre built computer. In the first 6 month from the invoice date if the product develops a fault the retailer is required to fix the fault unless they can prove the fault was caused by the consumer. After 6 months the proof of damage/fault then switches to the consumer – if a fault occurs the consumer then has to prove to the retailer/court of law that they did not cause the fault – This is where our warranty seal comes in – had you have carried out the clear and multiple instructions you can then unquestionably demonstrate that you have not been inside the PC and therefore could not possibly have caused the fault. Without this seal as a clear black and white line it is near on impossible to prove that the fault was not caused by yourself however I welcome you to demonstrate this to us and of course if you can, we will happily repair the PC under warranty.

It’s not small print – you have had 3 notifications as outlined in my first response and know that on at least two instances you have read those instructions.

You can assure us and tell us that you haven’t caused the fault – by law you need to prove it as assurance and telling us is not enough.

Whilst I appreciate you are frustrated you only have yourself to blame for not following the instructions and is clearly not misleading as you are given at least 3 instances on how to carry out the procedure, 2 of which we know you have read.

I did not like the way in which your member of staff was talking to me and the attitude with regards to the warranty and I became upset and said something like shove it.. However that is totally due to the way I was spoken to and the frustration with regards to warranty.

I 100% disagree with you, I spoke to you perfectly reasonably and there was zero “attitude” directed towards you. I gave you an informative statement that “looking at your order details you did not activate your warranty” upon being asked to explain you then spoke over me, went on a little rant with the conversation concluding with you telling me to “shove it” and then hanging up. I or my staff will not be spoken to in that way again so any further correspondence is requested to be done via email.

If I do not receive a reply within 7 days and agreement that you will repair this faulty product free of charge than I will have no choice but to use the small claims process for a full return and a refund on my purchase of £1538.15

Totally understand and if my information that I have given you earlier in this email has not been helpful then of course feel free to begin proceedings without any further correspondence needed from Gaming Computers. I will however state that any legal action will be immediately counter claimed and given the expenses and time will eclipse your claim for £1538.15 by some way. I would also strongly urge you to verify the information that I have given you with a solicitor, trading standards or anyone else that understand the law and how it applies to custom made products.

Finally, just because you don’t have a warranty does not mean we cannot fix the PC or investigate the issue. You are still our customer and we can still help, normally we can be lenient and offer a reduced labour rate or if it’s a quick fix not even charge you labour – you would then just have to cover the part – if it’s something like a switch you may only be looking at £5! I’m sure other places would charge you a good couple of hours labour and you would end with a bill twenty times that. This all being said I have now just noticed your review on review centre and now have absolutely zero desire to help you any further.

If you want to resolve the issue amicably then you need to need to remove the review and then we will talk about a cheaper repair. If you don’t then we will simply ask review centre to remove the review and will have no further correspondence with you.

I hope this information has helped and of course if you do want an amicable solution then please feel free to reply to this email.

TEL: Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm

Kind regards

Sent from my iPad

On 18 Jun 2014, at 12:59, Gaming Computers" .wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your email, yes that does not sound right.

Have you changed the power cable and tied plugging it in to another outlet?

What is your order number?

Chances are it will need to come here for us to have a look.

TEL: - Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm

From: On Behalf Of
Sent: 17 June 2014 20:34
Subject: Product enquiry from Gaming Computers Limited

Hi

I ordered a PC from you last year on the 18/08/13 which I got around the 05/09/13 over the last month this PC as not starting up at the first time of asking when you turn it on it starts up than click off it go's I have to switch of at the mains leave it than try again somethings it starts but in the main it takes for ever to get it working this is not right?

When running all seems well games play ok etc however there must be a power issues with this PC at start up for this to be happening you have all the details of my order nothing as been added at all a blue light fell from the top of the PC which was not stuck on right the front issues I had is still not fixed however that is not a major concern the power issue is can you help please? I have the warranty sticker attached and the PC is still covered.

My Home Number is