DO NOT BUY A COMPUTER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

kbateman225's review of UK Gaming Computers www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk

“DO NOT BUY A COMPUTER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!”

Written on: 22/07/2013 by kbateman225 (1 review written)

We purchased a Metis Custom Gaming PC for our 15 year old son from UK Gaming Computer after reading very positive reviews about them . From the first time he switched on the computer it was apparent there were problems. When I contacted their customer service team I was informed that it may be a software problem and our computer was not covered for problems with the software. I felt this was unacceptable as they sold us the software and installed it. They gave us some advise on how to fix the problem and after trying this and numerous other attempts to fix the computer the problem still remains. I contacted the company again only to be informed that we could send the computer back for them to look at but it would have to be at our expense. Again we find this completely unexceptable as we're sure most people would. When you buy a computer you expect it to work and not to have to jump through hoops and go to more expense in order to get a fully working computer. After speaking to the senior engineer (an incredibly rude unhelpful man) our issue is still not resolved as we refuse to pay for a courier, or drive to Colchester to deliver the computer ourselves and the company do not care as they have our money and it would appear they feel they also have the upper hand. In short THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE UNLESS YOUR WILLING TO PAY FOR IT.

• Metis Custom Gaming Computer £718.00

• Up to a week late

Ukgc's Response to kbateman225's Review

Written on: 20/09/2013

Hello,

I thought it would be best that this reply was left until the whole issue was resolved hence the delayed response.

UK Gaming Computers initially thought that the customer had a virus/malware infection which of course is something we are not responsible for however we tried to help remotely and eventually suggested we take a look at it to confirm what we already though as the customer was convinced that the issue was a hardware fault when despite our best efforts to try and explain.

This was when the customer review was written.

After the review the system then arrived with us and sure enough, the system had a piece of malware/virus installed by the customer. Absolutely nothing to do with the hardware or system we supplied.

We recorded a video of the fault and how it was fixed by simply reinstalling the operating system and to prove it was something the customer had caused;

The software could have probably been simply installed however we are not a software support company.

I will let you guys draw your own conclusion.

Kbateman225's reply to Ukgc's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2013

I wasn't going to add any more to this sorry story but now feel I must. My sons computer still does not work! I returned the computer to UK Gaming Computers at my own cost as they had informed me they were confident it wasn't a hardware issue but in-fact a software issue not covered by there warranty. Once they had the computer back they informed me that the problem was caused by a program my son had installed. This programme had only been installed by my son AFTER we noticed problems with the computer so how it could possibly have been the cause I never understood. I sent the computer back at my own cost and agreed to pay an additional £100 for the computer to be fixed. The day we got the computer back we turned it on and the original problem is still there, so obviously not fixed. When I phoned UK Gaming computers again, they are insisted they had fixed the computer and offered no more help.
Only yesterday I contacted UK gaming computers again to ask there advise as we were getting a message saying that the Windows they had installed had not been verified. Unfortunately my son had removed the sticker with the required product code on it as it had been stuck over a fan vent and he was concerned this would cause a problem. When I spoke to the chef engineer at UK Gaming computers he informed me that they had not been able to validate the Windows program at the time of reinstalling it as the sticker with the required product code had been removed. They did not let me know this at the time that they re-installed the Windows OS but still charged me £50 (rather dishonest don't you think) . He offered no advise other than buying a new windows programme! I then spoke to Microsoft who were very helpful and provided me with a new verification code. Did the chef Engineer of UK gaming Computers not know this was possible? I have been able to rectify this problem myself but the problem that existed from the very first day we got the computer is still there today. The chef engineer claims that the problem was resolved by "simply re-installing the operating system", yet the same problem still exsists. I am now in process of taking my computer to another company to see if they can shed any light on the problem.

Be very careful if you are thinking of purchasing a computer from this company. If you have a problem it has been my experience that they will do everything they can to deflect blame from themselves and ask you to pay for repairs. To date I have payed £148 including shipping, and my sons computer still doesn't work. I will now have to pay another company to fix this computer

I will let you guys draw your own conclusion !!!!!

Ukgc's reply to Kbateman225's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2013

You had/have a virus. It is not our responsibility to fix or even help you with, yet we have. That deserves a 5/5!

We reinstalled your operating system - you reinstalled the Virus! Of course the problem has come back.

We cant activate your copy of windows if you don't provide us with your licence key! Its not our fault you tore it off!

I strongly recommend you take it elsewhere (for them to tell you the same) because clearly you have not got a clue!

Kbateman225's reply to Ukgc's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2013

Is this your idea of Customer Service. You did not help us we paid you to "help" us and you didn't'.

You have proved my point . YOUR COMPANY POLICY WOULD APPEAR TO BE. BLAME THE CUSTOMER..

Ukgc's reply to Kbateman225's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2013

It is not policy, it is fact - you, the customer, are at fault and we have shown it to all.

Earlscourt's reply to Ukgc's Comment

Written on: 18/02/2014

As a new disappointed customer I can tell you all, especially paying parents, this case is not unique!! It will probably happen to everyone that will encounter any kind of problem.

Earlscourt's reply to Ukgc's Comment

Written on: 18/02/2014

Well, yes rude and unhelpful answer, just as stated by the customer

Earlscourt's Response to kbateman225's Review

Written on: 18/02/2014

I completely agree with this review, if you are having problems you are lost. There are absolutely no willingness to help, only to prove the cutover wrong.