Poor aftersales

ridoutt's review of UK Gaming Computers www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk

“Poor aftersales”

Written on: 24/04/2013 by ridoutt (1 review written)

We purchased a Cerberus- Extreme (High end gaming machine) for £1995.00 in August 2011 for my son.He loaded a minimum of software onto the machine, such as Skype, itunes and world of warcraft and nearly every time he tried to use the machine it blue screened. We contacted UK gaming on numerous occasions and was told to test the RAM and graphics card. Which we did and on most occasions they came back OK . We were told that it must be a software issue, so we re-installed windows 7 ( which we tried several times) and we still had blue screen events.

Eventually I took the machine back to their workshop in Wivenhoe (150 mile round trip) they had the machine for over three weeks and told me that it was a software issue and must be down to what we load on the machine and as the found nothing wrong, I would have to pay £180 for their time but as we had only had the machine a short time they would reduce this £120 + the cost of a courier to get it back to us.

The issue of blue screens still continued and to be honest my son rarely used the machine as it wouldn't work correctly and every time we spoke to the company they just asked to try the same tests again and suggested that it was what we loaded on the machine.

The machine is nearly out of warranty( for what its worth) so we decided to test the RAM but only one 4Gb stick at a time and guess what one stick had in excess of 100 errors on first the run. The other stick proved to be OK. We ran the computer with just one stick of RAM without any issues on many different games and software. We have purchased new 16GB of RAM and the machine is working without fault. I did ask the company if they had tested the RAM individually and they said they only tested in pairs. The problem was obviously the RAM and not anything to do with software.

The machine looks well built with a high spec but its use was marred by the poor after sales service we received from this company

• Goods purchased & cost

Ukgc's Response to ridoutt's Review

Written on: 25/04/2013

Hi,

Many thanks for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that we have not met your standards.

I am however slightly confused by the whole situation, the system is two years old and was sent to us for investigation a year ago - The fault was a corrupt operating system - The RAM was tested by us (in pairs and separately) and by yourself - It was fine at the time.

Now a year later its faulty and the RAM is now faulty?

Why did you not contact us if the issue persisted?

Ridoutt's reply to Ukgc's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2013

Firstly, I was told by the person who had tested the machine that you only tested the RAM in pairs and that they had not been tested individually. I never tested the RAM separately until recently as I did not want to invalidate the warranty.

No one said that the fault was the operating system, in fact I was told the machine was perfectly OK with no issues and that's why I had to pay for your engineers time and that the fault was what
was being installed on the machine by us.

I did contact your company and each time I did I was told to complete the same tests.

To be honest my son was so disillusioned with the machine, he hardly turned it on because of the continuing blue screens and when I found this out, I decided to test the RAM individually and the issue has been resolved.

He has now loaded many games and software onto the machine and he has not had one blue screen since we changed the RAM.