They don't keep their promises!

T.D.'s review of Simply Electronics - www.simplyelectronics.net

“They don't keep their promises!”

Written on: 25/06/2013 by T.D. (1 review written)

A next day delivery was promised. Now I'm waiting 2 weeks already for the delivery. However some positive things: they always reacted within 24 hours on my questions. Today an 8GB card was offered to compensate for the Long waiting. But in addition I was asked to wait another "few days" because the customs clearance needs more time (officially the goods are hold for 2 weeks in customs already).
At the same time he UK customs told me, that this isn't true. They don't hold lenses or cameras for an extra check for 2 weeks (never!). I wonder whether it is a better idea to cancel the order. I will give an update how long I had to wait for the payback.
Update:
1) The response time on my queries slowed down. Now I got an response after 48 hours only. Furthermore no news: "Good news: the items will be realeased within the week". These message I got twice already.
2) UK customs informed that such intensive clearance doesn't exists - Who should I trust?
3) Simply Electronics made an offer to cancel my order and promised a full refund. Of course this makes sense, because the price of the camera (Canon 6D) has increased according to their webpage.
4) Nevertheless I made use of the generous offer and abandoned the purchase.

I will update the comment about the process of the refund. So far I'm naive and optimistic that at least this will go well. That the reason why I keep the rating at 2 stars.

Overall the experience with this company is pretty bad and I can't not recommend to do business with them.
I suspect their business model is somehow not in line with standard principles.

Update 2:
since 4 days no reaction on the canceled order, despite the promise to react within a working day. Conclusion: The good experience I made in the beginning was most likely triggered by the wish to gain my trust. Now since it got more complicated you can't call it customer service anymore.
Potentially they want to delay the refund. I'm already curious which kind of excuses they will find why the refund is delayed.

• Canon EOS D6, Sigma 24-70