Simply Electronics are notorious fraudsters

Guest's review of Simply Electronics -

“Simply Electronics are notorious fraudsters”

Written on: 21/06/2013

Ordered HTC Desire C phone for my son's birthday and SE took money within 2 days from my account. No sign of item until day before his birthday when they informed me by email that item was out of stock. I declined offer of an alternative and requested an immediate refund. Two days later they emailed again offering ‘alternative option’ and I repeated request for immediate refund. Over the next few days they kept sending emails asking me to complete a questionnaire on their customer service!!

They eventually emailed confirm that order had been cancelled and a full refund would be made. They said I should allow a few days for them to process my refund and said it ‘could take up to 2 weeks on occasion’ for the refund to be ‘initiated due to current processes they had in place’. They would send a ‘courtesy email’ from them informing me of the credit.

I sent several emails asking where my refund was and received only requests asking me to complete a questionnaire on their customer service! Eventually I called their customer service helpline only to be told that my refund would be passed to the relevant department for processing over the next few days. It's been weeks and I have just realised from all the internet warnings hidden that I have been ripped off for the first time on an internet purchase.

• Goods purchased & cost