Absolute cheats

Short354's review of Scan www.scan.co.uk

“Absolute cheats”

Written on: 03/09/2014 by Short354 (1 review written)

I bought a Acer w700 tablet from them. The delivery was good. After a few days of use I noticed ghost touch on the screen. I thought it was a software issue as there were many complains about Windows 8 that time so I thought an update will fix it. I did update it to Windows 8.1 but nothing happened it seemed like it was a hardware issue. As I was out of country for a few months, when I came back my warranty was over so I could not send it back for repair. Moreover I was got used to the ghost touches and mainly used it as a desktop with a mouse so it was not a problem. So how did they cheat? Yesterday I opened the tablet to replace the lcd which I cracked. Guess what? There were no warranty void stickers on the screws that were hidden under the white plastic bar at the back. So this was a refurbished tablet that they opened and tried fixing before. But they sold it to me as 'new'. I placed an order with them after reading reviews on this very site, it was higher that time. Now it has gone down which means there are many unhappy customers like me out there. I could just live with that just like I did with the touch issue but I won't because I can't tolerate being cheated and wanted to help you guys making a decision before buying anything from them.

• Goods purchased & cost