Efficient, courteous, effective

Guest's review of Palicomp - www.palicomp.co.uk

“Efficient, courteous, effective”

Written on: 12/11/2012

The Palicomp website worked well - it was easy to build my own computer spec. There was one problem: the payment didn't go through when an item was out of stock, however there was no explanation of what was going on. I had an anxious night before I could phone up the next day.

It was GREAT to have a landline to phone, rather than a non-geographical number as this was free from my phone, and therefore there was no anxiety over how long the call was taking

The computer arrived very promptly, and i received an email telling me when it was coming. It is very nicely put together at an excellent price.

When the computer arrived, it wasn't exactly as I thought it was going to be. Palicomp were fine when I queried this, taking responsibility for the ambiguity in their website rahter than arguing with me, which they could have done, but which would have been tedious. They offered good compensation.

Later, the hard drive died, which was a surprise to us all. The support person was the same guy as had built the computer - which made me feel he really knew what I was looking at when I opened it up. His diagnostic steps were simple and logical, and easy to follow (though i did have the option of waiting for a collection). They replaced the drive without any quibble (obviously they tested it after I sent it back) and everything is hunky dory.

It may sound like lots of things went wrong with this order, but the real point is that they dealt with it all extrememly well, and the computer is really very good.

• Desktop computer i5 8g ram 256mb ssd