Incorrect router money back

Jim1990131234567890's review of PC World www.pcworld.co.uk

“Incorrect router money back”

Written on: 13/03/2012 by Jim1990131234567890 (1 review written)

I recently purchased a router from one of the pc world stored, as soon as I got there I headed straight for the "network" section. I was there a good 15minutes without a hint of a membe of "helpful staff" willing to help. So anyways I grabbed one of the routers I was looking at and headed for the cash register, it took a good 5 minutes for anyone to even serve me, at an empty queue I was the only person buying anything, finally someone comes to serve me, I hand over the router that was priced up at 79.99, he then scans it and tells me it's 100.00. I asked why there was a 79.99 tag on it if it's 100.00 without getting an answer, he then walks of to serve someone else leaving me just standing there. I then grab another router with a price tag of 74.99 thinking this one must be ok, after another 5 minute wait to get served another fella takes it and scans it to then tell me it's 59.99. You might be thinking bargain? Well no I wanted the 74.99 router ffs. Because o the mass confusion after parting with 59.99 I say to the man if this is the wrong router can I return it, all he said was yes and then he walked off :@ I left the store very unhappy, if I was a "mystery customer" they were screwed. I later get home open it up and start to set it up when I realise it's the wrong router with the wrong plugs in the back. Soon I went back to just simply get my money back because to be honest I don't want them havin my money due to the discussing customer service. After standing around 10minutes a guy walks up to me to help out, I say to him I'd like to get a refund on this item, he asked whether it was open or not, I said yes I had to try n set it up? In a blink o an eye he says no refund then. I was like wtf I clearly asked the fella that served me if it was the wrong item can I get a refund n all he said was yes. He then said again that only if it was unopened, I said he didn't say that to me, then he said he doesn't have to. He was extremely rude and left me with no alternatives I just had to walk out. I'm very disgusted with how I've been treated barring in mind I've spent thousands in there. I'd seriously advise people to go else where for there items.

• Goods purchased & cost