My Latest Experience - Order No. 465295

Howard99's review of PC Specialist www.pcspecialist.co.uk

“My Latest Experience - Order No. 465295”

Written on: 27/06/2012 by Howard99 (1 review written)

This is the second PC we have purchased from PC Specialist. The first one was for my very PC literate wife (although I specked it up). It has performed and is performing very well with no hardware problems whatsoever.

The new computer - My Latest Experience - is even more highly specified than the first but I'm not a techie. Top level i7, an Asus P9X79, 16GB of RAM, a GTX 560 Ti and two SSDs. It's probably a little over specked for my needs but why not? I'm hoping I have a little future proofing built in!

PC Specialist's site is very good and easy to navigate. The spec I changed several times and once I had made the decision about which spec to buy the order and tracking process was very satisfactory. However, I did make make one telephone call for advice about the graphics card I had selected. PC Specialist recommended another and I'm pleased I made the call just to see what they thought of the spec. I didn't post the spec on the forums as not being a techie I thought I might lose my way.

The computer arrived a few minutes after the appointed time frame. I had paid for Extra Care Diamond Delivery Monday to Friday before noon. The outer box was almost unmarked and everything nicely packed and protected.

I've now had a few days to assess my new PC and everything seems to be performing as it should be.

I have the following comments, which I hope will be considered constructive.

* would it be possible to upgrade the copy you use for the preloaded OS? I appreciate that Microsoft are releasing updates almost daily but I had to download over 75 updates before I felt ready to explore the computer.
* could Acrobat Reader and Flash Player be an option for preloading? 'Everybody' uses them.
* just to make things a little easier for novices (and it wouldn't be a bad thing in any event) what about including with the computer manual a 'tick list' of programs that had been preloaded?
* I think the 'manual' could do with a little updating.

Many thanks

Paul Everest

• PC Mid tower, i7, 16GB RAM, Asus P9X79, GTX 560 Ti, 2 x SSDs. £1,530.00 inc VAT.